Tuesday, July 21, 2009

60 cc's

Two weeks after surgery, I went back to Gurley's office. This visit was specifically to fill my tissue expanders with 60 more cc's on each side. This photo is pretty graphic. I thought about not posting it. But really I don't care. This is how it happened. This is what it looked like. Deal with it people. This is reality.

Colleen got everything ready for the injection. There was quite a bit of loose skin, and this was going to help fill out the lower "droplet". The expanders (which I promise to photograph on friday) have a hard plastic one way valve at the top center. Some how, with a device that looks very much like a physics pendulum, but was basically a free hanging magnet, Dr. Gurley found the exact point of entry, she then presses down on the device leaving a plus sign. The cross sections pointing to the exact point the 3 inch needled was to be inserted. She does this for each "breast" and then covers the area in iodine, staining the skin the dark orange you see in the photo.

This syringe is large. (just double checked the spelling of syringe, and have to include this definition: A syringe is a simple piston pump consisting of a plunger that fits tightly in a tube.) So its nightmare, horror film, cereal killer huge, right. I'm pretty much phased by nothing at this point so through out the process I was trying to take this photo. Dr. Gurley was a great sport about the photography, she even waited to completely inflate while my I gave my mother a quick tutorial on taking photos with iphones.

I just bought a bra at lunch today, it was a 36C. I'm scheduled for another injection. But really, i'm straight on the 36C. I might just stay here. But I think I can go backwards on the final decision, so we might as well see what another 60 cc's does to my wardrobe.

In this photo, the scars look crazy. But after that week, I started to work at getting the glue off. Yes they glued me shut. As it started to peel off, the red lines turned into faint pink lines. Its only one month out, and when they do surgery number two the craftsmanship will be more end result conscious. I'm starting to think the scarring is going to be minimal to almost nothing.




4 comments: