Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pinch in the Plans

August opened as a month filled with travel. My first trip was to help JT with two very large murals in Lee's Submit. We headed out of town 4 hours later than planned. And arrived in Lee's Summit well past midnight. U-turn after u-turn finally lead us to JT's cousin's place. A lovely home with fresh tomatoes growing in the back yard, basil, all sorts of other plants and herbs, a well mannered french bulldog named Deja. After 5 hours in the car with JT I needed a stiff drink then headed directly there after to bed.

In the morning, I woke up to a puddle of liquid under my drain site. However the drain was empty, and an embarrassing stain was left on the sheets of my hosts bed linens. I soaked up as much as possible with a towel, took a shower and cleaned up. I was super emotional about it. Whining and moaning in embarrassment. JT told me to shut up and said I was over reacting. He's such a harsh bed partner in the mornings. Knowing it wasn't my fault didn't help, I still got flash backs to bed wetting at slumber parties. I devised a plan. To solve the problem. Which involved turning over the laundry. Another awkward action in need of explanation.

When I finally go up, we raided the kitchen for eggs, coffee, headed to the garden to find a ripe tomato and a sprig of basil. After morning omelets. JT and I headed out to the mural site. I spend the day, taping the wall off, climbing the ladder, filling in the white of the character, and drinking beer out of Styrofoam gas station coffee cups. That evening I came home and in the shower discovered my left "breast" was completely full of water. The drain still very empty, if not totally dry. I massaged the mound of flesh causing the liquid to seep out the drain site. Running in a single drip all the way down to my knees. This was not painful exactly, and I wanted to get the fluid out of me. So after some time in the shower, I get out lay on the bed on my side and continue to collect a towel full of liquid.

This is not good. Something has to be wrong. And I'm in Lee's Summit for two more days. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment