Friday, September 18, 2009

Surgery number 2

Tuesday i went in for my second surgery. No party bus to the center this time. Just me and BW on highway 270 at 8:30 in the morning. He's relatively quiet as usual. I'm starving. And thirsty. When I got dressed in the morning, I said, "I want to look ridiculous" Big sunglasses. A button up long white linen dress. Underneath was very short hot pants, so it basically looked like i forgot my pants. Platform yellow high heels. I mean how seriously can you take these things.

We sat in the waiting room for a while. BW grabbed a newspaper. He read through the vaguely world related articles. My attention was caught only by the obituary for Patrick Swayze. Died at 57. After closing the paper. We look up and see the Today's show on the flat screen, covering the same sad swayze story we'd just read about in the paper.

It didn't take long for them to call me in. I had about 45 minutes before the surgery. BW could have came back with me, had i mentioned that he was supposed to. I like to not tell him things, and then later get annoyed that he didn't just already know what to do. It keeps things interesting. He says awkwardly, "You'll be just fine." sort of pats me on the shoulders.

"Oh god." I should tell him to stay for a while but really, man, just go to work, i got this covered. No mom, no dad, just me in the center with the nurses, and then the anesthesiologist, the surgeon. They wheeled me into the OR. Helped me hop tables. I look up and see two large lamp strobe lights with some red message on the center of them about not covering with plastic. Then they injected the IV and I was out.

I wake up seemlying seconds later. Maria is there. A nurse. Its bright. I'm in and i'm out. Faces flash in front of me. They go away for seemlying seconds and return later. I heard 2:30 from someone over yonder. But it wasn't until about 5 that we left the center. I remembered the nurse boasting "look at my patient!" I was aiming for outrageous. I think I was successful.





For whatever reason I deparately wanted some bread from Viviano's.

2 comments:

  1. i luv the outfit :D
    you're a ham!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about all the typos on that one.... i can't grammer on valium.

    ReplyDelete