Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Numb

When I was sixteen I had surgery on my kidney. It left a 6 inch incision scar. And took away most of the feeling I had in my left hip area. Still numb. Occasionally still gets a dart of tingle. Nerves are a strange thing. Responsible for feelings. Without them you just don't have any.

In undergrad, during 2D design class right before a final I sliced the top of my right index finger. Ran to campus ER. Stitched it back on, but it shriveled up and fell off anyway. Its pretty much grown back in. But 10 years later, still numb.

And now. Sometimes I lean into things and can't go any further. Don't know why. Then look down and realize I'm pressed against it. But didn't know because there is no feeling.

Mentally, there's been too many emotional lobotomies to even mention.

Lose of sensory perception. . . its starting to worry me. I know I should be feeling something, yet I feel nothing but a memory of what things are supposed to feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment